IPL 2019, RR vs KKR Team Predicted Playing 11 for Today Match Live Updates: RR, who have won just one game in four matches, will host KKR in Jaipur. The match will begin at 8 PM.
IPL 2019, RR vs KKR Team Predicted Playing 11 for Today Match LIVE Updates:After a splendid Andre Russell show on late Friday night, the action was dominated by the bowlers on Day 14 of the 12th season of Indian Premier League. While Harbhajan Singh was clinical, Alzarri Joseph made most out of the opportunity as he registered the best IPL bowling figures on his debut. Today the action moves back to Bangalore as RCB, who are still looking for their first win of the season, host Delhi Capitals at the Chinnaswamy Stadium. The match will start at 4.00 PM.
In the second encounter of the day, seventh-placed Rajasthan Royals lock horns with Kolkata Knight Riders. With Andre Russell being in supreme form and others batters chipping in as well, it would be interesting to see how Rajasthan ploy to stop the destructible KKR batting lineup.
Rajasthan Royals will host the Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) at the Sawai Mansingh Stadium in Jaipur on Sunday. Both teams are riding high after recording victories in their last match against the same opposition. KKR came from behind to beat Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) by 5 wickets after Andre Russell’s heroics. Rajasthan Royals (RR) also emerged victorious against RCB after they chased down their target of 159 runs at the M Chinnaswamy Stadium.
Russell and Nitish Rana scored big in their match against RCB to take KKR over the line. Rana has been in good touch during the tournament so far with 169 runs at an average of 42. But Russell has been the star for KKR after getting the man of the match award three times in his first 4 games. And will be the one to look out for it once again against RR.
RR have been reliant on Jos Buttler to provide the team with good starts and he hasn’t disappointed. In the bowling department, Jofra Archer and Krishnappa Gowtham have impressed for RR. Sanju Samson is likely to return to the playing XI after recovering from injury. With a number of star performers in the fixture, let’s take a look at the 4 players who could be the difference for their teams in the match:-
1. Andre Russell– He has been the player of the tournament so far after excelling in all of the matches. Against RCB, Russell single-handedly propelled KKR to victory with a sensational 48-run knock in just 13 balls. All eyes will be firmly on him as he takes the field in Jaipur.
2. Jos Buttler– He is the star batsmen for RR this season. He already has two fifties in four matches and has looked to be in great touch. He is scoring at an average of 34.75 in the tournament and RR would be hoping that he continues his good form.
3. Krishnappa Gowtham– Even though doubts will linger regarding his worth due the price RR paid for him in the auctions but Gowtham has continued to deliver for this team. He has been handy with the bat lower down the order while proving economical with the ball. Gowtham will shoulder the responsibility to contain Russell with his mystery spin.
4. Dinesh Karthik– The KKR captain hasn’t fired this season for his team. He has scored just 72 runs in the tournament so far at an average of 24. But he will be eager to perform as he looks to cement his place in the Indian side while proving his detractors wrong.
RR predicted playing 11: Ajinkya Rahane (c), Jos Buttler (wk), Steven Smith, Ben Stokes, Sanju Samson / Stuart Binny, Rahul Tripathi, Krishnappa Gowtham, Jofra Archer, Varun Aaron, Shreyas Gopal, Dhawal Kulkarni.
KKR predicted playing 11: Chris Lynn, Suni Narine, Robin Uthappa, Nitish Rana, Shubman Gill, Dinesh Karthik (c) (wk), Andre Russell, Piyush Chawla, Kuldeep Yadav, Prasidh Krishna, Lockie Ferguson.
The Indian Premier League now heads to Jaipur where Rajasthan Royals face high-flying Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) at the Sawai Mansingh Stadium. KKR is coming off an impressive come from behind victory against Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB). They needed to score at 19 runs per over in the last 18 balls. But Andre Russell stood up to the challenge and smashed an unbeaten 48 runs off just 13 balls to get the victory for KKR against a shocked RCB side. Now he will again be a danger man for KKR when they travel to Jaipur.
Second-from-bottom Rajasthan Royals (RR) also recorded their maiden win of the season against RCB in their last match. RCB had given RR a target of 159 runs to chase at the M Chinnaswamy Stadium. But Jos Buttler, Steve Smith and Rahul Tripathi ensured that RR opened their win account in the 2019 IPL. Now they will be hoping to put their best foot forward against a rampaging KKR side and continue their push towards a playoff place.
On the other hand, KKR have won 3 matches out of four in the IPL so far to rise to the third spot in the points table. They have been heavily reliant on Russell this season and will hope for a better performance from their bowlers. So before the two teams enter the field in Jaipur, let’s look at all the statistics between RR and KKR:-
1. Both teams have played each other 19 times in the Indian Premier League. Their record is identical as they both have won 9 matches against each other in IPL history with one game ending in a no result.
2. RR lead the head-to-head record at the Sawai Mansingh Stadium against KKR. They have won 3 matches in Jaipur compared to KKR’s two. However in the corresponding fixture last season, KKR defeated RR by 7 wickets with captain Dinesh Karthik and middle-order batsman Nitish Rana proving the difference.
3. Ajinkya Rahane has scored the most number of runs in fixtures involving RR and KKR. He has hit 299 runs against KKR bowlers to emerge as the top scorer. Karthik is highest run-getter for KKR against RR with 135 runs.
4. Sunil Narine has been the most successful wicket-taker in RR vs KKR fixtures. He has outfoxed seven RR batsmen in his IPL career. Meanwhile, Krishnappa Gowtham is the leading wicket-taker for RR against KKR with 4.